Every industry faces unique risks and tries to overcome it. The oil industry is no different or varied. In this piece of writing, we will explore how document management system -DMS can help mitigate one of the industry’s biggest burdens: operational costs. The oil and gas industry is the same with multiple locations, diverse project stakeholders, robust, complex projects and incorporates global supply chains; this relies on real-time access to precise information to comply with safety and regulatory requirements-sustain profitable operations support scientific research and exploration grow shareholders.
This is a paper-intensive industry and is required to manage bulks of files created during the project life cycles.
Without effective document management solution-DMS owners face safety threats and incur unnecessary overheads from data re-entry, dire productivity losses, verifying designs and reconstruction, and designs of files and documents. The oil and gas industry requires effective DMS to overcome risks, coordinate deliverables from various contractors, produce auditable records, and control project value chains.
Document Management Software helps manage mountainous piles of records for HSE, IFRS, or ISO or tax, compliance, and minimize administrative efforts in managing data, records retention schedules.
It understands your level of integration and collaboration, diligent planning, needed to comply with industry norms, and adheres to capricious rules of frameworks to prevent legal combat.
Companies have an innate requirement to send and receive critical project documents and files constantly.
With document management software-DMS documents are stored in a searchable format and are instantly retrievable using a specific set of Google-like keywords and much more.
- It permits you to control access and modification to validated asset files during the function by providing a centralized, safe stock of asset files with restricted right of entry so that it is only noticeable to authorized individuals and is safe from being falling in risks.
- Easy access to data by the proficient level of integration, stakeholders, and analysts and collaboration engineers, geologists for remote field operations, from conception – disposition, is possible from anywhere in the world, irrespective of geographical locations and places they work from.
- A cloud based infrastructure/structure makes it possible for engineering teams, project managers, and subcontractors to collaborate effectively from various locations and share technical documentation, project drawings, and outlines.
- Oil and gas project team members need to consult policy and procedure documents, as well as other compliance reports, at regular intervals. Therefore it is mandatory to modify and update these documents to provide up to date data.
- Storing documents, such as proposal files and contact, in a centralized location, makes them available for modification and consultation by the team members. Each version of the document and file is saved for inspection/scrutinization.
- Oil and gas companies have complex communication requirements. Employees in the oil and gas arena are divided at diverse geographical locations and have different interactions with suppliers, contractors, and other groups.
To see how your Oil and Gas Industry business can reach new horizons of productivity, contact Docupile DMS professionals today!