1. What is document management-DMS?
Recognized as EDM-Electronic Document Management – an information technology that has evolved since the past two decades from primary electronic filing storage, which stored documents and scanned images in an electronic form on a server that could index, capture, and retrieve for futuristic utilization.
Today, Document Management -DM is part of Enterprise Content Management-ECM and is a subset of Information Management or Knowledge.
2. How could my organization or company benefit from using a document management system-DMS?
It can assist you and your company to be more productive with your time, which will save you money. Document management systems can:
edit, annotate capture, index, retrieve, and distribute electronic documents and images via a local area network -LAN wide area network WAN fax, email, printer, internet or the fax and even distribute bulk amounts of information in a comprehensive range of formats using DVD or CD technology source.
Moreover, Document management is a way to efficiently create more office space and handle your paper files electronically as well as saving time instead of spending valuable minutes trying to find that paper documents.
Paper documents are scanned in and converted into an image file such as .tif and filed electronically onto a computer storage hardware. You can easily annotate, index, and archive these files.
3. Our engineering company requires a document management software -DMS to handle all our CAD drawings as well as limit who has the authority to make amendments to the drawings data. What may be an ideal document management solution for our situation, specifically?
Auto edms is a software known as auto electronic document management software may be a suitable match for your needs. As it is a document management and workflow software that is tailored for those in the manufacturing utilities, or engineering industries.
4. How do I prepare my business in case- disaster shut downs?
There are some factors you can do that will assist you in case a disaster ever strikes your organization or business.
Ask these questions to self?
If disaster comes, what information or data is important for us to operate this organization or do our jobs?
How crucial are your client and employee records, accounting and other company information?
In what way this critical information be stored? so that we can move ahead as normally possible even if disaster strikes our biz?
Always back up information onto another media sources;
- One that may stay in the office but also onto a server that may be offsite.
- One which can stored offsite and taken. One thing you must plan is how frequently you will backup this data.
Having a few various off-site locations where this information is backed up information is backed up or stored will help guard your financial investments and time.
5. How are my documents screenshot taken/captured?
Via scanning in paper documents using a high-speed scanner or through sending the document electronically via software application, email, or fax.
6. How can my documents get retrieved?
By doing a query related to, how you have the items indexed or by entering the index data.
To know more about how can you implement DMS in your business, visit Docupile!