Think about it. Only to be asked for your medical records? If you can’t produce them on demand, you could be facing some major health risks. That’s why it’s so important to maintain medical records and keep them with you at all times. In this post, we’ll discuss the importance of maintaining medical records and why you should always have them on hand!
Investigate the consequences of health record management problems.
- When doctors, labs, and patients themselves cannot access their medical records, it leads to chaos and even fatal outcomes.
- For not maintaining and instead of disposing of useful data, a doctor’s, as well as the lab’s reputation, is on the line.
- Poor connection between providers and patients, as well as missing details from medical records, can have significant legal consequences.
- The labs and physicians are seen as trustworthy institutions, and unmonitored health records of patients create a bad public image.
- The medical history of a patient aids the doctor and the lab in establishing a clear structure and technique for treating the individual’s condition.
Docupile is a hosted Document Management Software that keeps patient medical records online at all times. The doctors, patients, and laboratories can all access the most up-to-date health records, reports, and histories. It’s a completely secure, open, and ethical endeavor for all three. Furthermore, there are over 700 lab report formats that may be published for free by laboratories.