Have you ever imagined what all you can do in 20 minutes? Eat lunch? Finish that report/ task you are working on? Follow up with your best customer? Make a $10,000 deal? If you wish and will to-You can do a lot in 20 minutes – and economizing 20 minutes is a big deal.
How is it working for you? Really. Here are a few questions you can find an answer for?
- Can your workforce quickly find the documents they require?
- Do you find the same file in numerous locations, or Do you experience version control issues? And you are not unsure which one is current or accurate?
- Do you experience version control issues?
- Are employees/people still emailing documents to one another?
- What about large files? Are you still using shared drives or FTP to send those to your teammates?
How secure are your files/data?
- Are you able to restrict individual access to specific files/documents?
- How do you make known when a document is expired?
- What is Document Management?
- The document management the definition, and even the name has evolved with new technologies in the past twenty years. Document management refers to the processes, systems, and software that organize and control documents throughout an organization/company.
From a process standpoint, document management includes workflows and systems that determine how the organization takes control of digital documents.
From a software standpoint, document management is the digital file system—imagine an electronic filing cabinet—that provides a framework for storing, organizing, and accessing files.
So, what does a business need to look for in a document management system today?
An effective document management system today includes:
- One central location for everything
- Fast and simple content capture/upload
- Workflow features
- Vast storage space
- Folders and directories that are easy to navigate
- Online document viewing (so employees don’t have to download reports to view those)
Secure File Sharing
- Collaboration features, such as rating and commenting
- Rollback features and version control
- Access control And File Security
And maybe most important of all, your document management system should work seamlessly with how your employees perform their job roles and make them more productive and efficient.
Your document management system also needs to boost your organization and business. It’s unreasonable to keep an outdated system in place as it is to shift to a new policy every time your biz grows.
The Pitfalls of Poor Document Management
You rely on documents to do and grow business. Employees can’t find the documents or files; they require to carry on job roles; your company and organization will suffer and bear the cost.
Sending documents via email is not only a waste of time, but it’s also a recipe for organizational mess up. The average office individual sends 40 business emails a day and receives 121 emails a day – so what are the chances that document you just mailed your teammate gets lost in the shuffling?
Maybe you think you can continue to find the document management system -DMS you already have because it has worked for your team this long, right?
Are your team, your company, your workplace, or your customers different today than they were when you established your current system? If you answered ‘Yes,’ you might need to think about executing some changes.
Here are the pitfalls organizations experiencing with their existing document management solutions:
Wasted time and Frustration
Finding a single file among various, disconnected storage systems is like finding a needle in a haystack.
The average interaction worker spends 28% of their workweek managing emails and about20% of their time tracking down colleagues/teammates who can assist with specific tasks or looking for private information.
What a Winning Document Management System -DMS Looks Like? And How It’s Helping Organizations Thrive Today?
- It makes documents easy to organize, find, store, collaborate on, and share securely and feasibly.
- While reducing costs, a winning system would boost everyone’s productivity.
- It works seamlessly with the other intranet tools we utilize daily.
- Comprehensive document management system works efficiently in today’s digital workplace, and be accessible at home, inside the office from a PC, and a smartphone – because companies in the leading niche have employees that are 13 times more digitally involved than the rest of the economic aspects.
Data integrity is critical because the volume of business data doubles every 1.2 years, and weak data can cost businesses 20-35% of their operating revenue.
Secure File Sharing
No matter what file size is, you can share it securely and easily with your team, without touching your email. Just drag and drop the file directly into a chat conversation—it’s secure, extraordinarily fast and remains searchable forever.
Collaborate on Anything
Work together on documents and content of any kind with comments, ratings, and like/dislike buttons. Drag the conversation into a discussion for even deeper discourse.
Smart Search and Easy Organization
Utilize the search bar to find any document, anywhere on the intranet – and even search inside documents for words and phrases.
Document management is one of the essential elements of our solution.
If you are looking for an existing solution that’s cost-effective, robust, and easy to deploy, contact Docupile today!